the year that was...

I celebrated my birthday the way it usually was. I am at work working. The funny thing is my work start at 1:00am and i usually report to work an hour before that. Meaning at the start of my birthday i was up and working the day started. I am not complaining, I always value and love to work. It was a great day in my own special way, nothing extra ordinary happen but I was out with some friends and although it causes me lost of sleep, I still say this was and is a good year for me. I am getting older, which is something I feel proud of. Some people may find it weird some may agree with me, but what Morrie say to his dear friend Mr. Albom "As you grow old, you learn more. If you stayed at twenty-two, you'd always be as ignorant as you were at twenty-two. Aging is not just decay, you know. It's growth. It's more than the negative that you're going to die, its also the positive that you understand you're going to die, and that you live a better life because of it." I love growing older year after year.. with the number comes a more realization and understanding of life. A more appreciation and thankful heart to go with it. I thank the people I come across, for their influence and example, for their courage and intelligence. And I am grateful I live another year to pursue a goal, to chase a dream, to fight another fight and to enjoy the blessings I receive.

Comments

Popular Posts